Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thing #5a - Bloglines

I've been using Bloglines for a long time now. (Can it be years?) Over time I've really pared down the number of sites that I have the notify turned on for, because its too daunting to see that there are hundreds of new posts every morning in the little bloglines balloon at the bottom of my screen. As I said in an earlier post I'm looking for some new feeds to reinvigorate my interest in keeping up with the blogosphere, so this exercise of seeing what other participants here have in their blogrolls and the next exercise of searching for some new feeds is helping with that. I do still like to have journal tables of contents sent to me in email, though, because I check email so much more often than I check bloglines. Also, today when I subscribed to the feeds of two of our participants as per the instructions I noticed that what I could read in bloglines was a post or two behind what I see when I go directly to the participants blogs. That makes me wonder if the email option is better for things that need to be timely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice comments! Totally agree with you and hey, I don't read my bloglines anymore as well.